Roadmac Surfacing Cape is looking for a qualified and professionally registered Site Agent, who will be based in either the Eastern or Western Cape Regions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that monthly payment certificates are submitted on time.
- Finalisation of contract and short-term programmes.
- Ensure adherence to all Health, Safety & Environmental Legislation and site rules.
- Monitor work progress against the programme through weekly production and cost meetings with all the relevant staff members.
- Liaise with Foremen, Site Management and Contract Manager regarding production requirements.
- Monitor production and allowable targets, initiating corrective action where required.
- Manage, supervise and inspect sub-contractors’ work on site.
- Ensure thorough application of the contract documents and specifications.
- Uphold the Company’s contractual rights and compliance with contractual obligations.
- Ensure adherence to group policies and procedures.
- Ensure Implementation of Site QA system.
- Detect and analyse all non-conformances, communicate this to the Contract Manager and initiate corrective action.
- Ensure appropriate safekeeping and distribution of related records.
- Liaise with the Project Liaison Committee, and all other affected stakeholders.
- Be willing to undertake extensive travelling.
- Ensure contract profitability.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- National Diploma/Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a Junior Site Agent on road construction projects (Reseal, Rehabilitation or New roads)
- Experience on SANRAL Projects is beneficial.
- Registered with ECSA/SACPCMP as a Professional.
- Exposure to financial reporting and daily costing.
- Experience in working with GCC and FIDIC Conditions of Contract.
- Valid driver licence and own transport.
- South African Citizen
Key Competencies Required:
- Excellent communication skills, proficient use of English – both written and verbal.
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft office (excel, word, outlook and projects)
- Advanced Knowledge of Construction Computer Software (CCS).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- The ability to lead, take charge of situations and offer opinions and directions to others.
- The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
How To Apply
Please forward your updated Cv to email@example.com