Closing Date: 25 April, 2022
Our 18 month Mining Learnership Programme is an enrichment programme for the community on Trackless Mobile Machinery (TMM) and will enable you to develop skills with classroom and on-the-job training in surface mining.. As you progress through your mining learnership programme, we will help you discover your real capability and develop your skills as a future Drilling or Blasting Assistant and/or various Trackless Mobile Equipment. Qualifications:
You must have:
- A full Grade 12 / Technical N3 with Mathematics Literacy or Mathematics. Physical Science on Grade 12 will be advantageous.
- A valid South African Driver’s License.
- Successfully pass medical-job-fit assessments (RFA)
- Ability to obtain, or be in possession of a valid Sishen VTS / DOVER)
- Attach a residential confirmation letter from the local Municipality indicating that you reside within the JTG District.
What we offer
- A stipend/allowance per month, for the duration of programme
- 18 month’s skills programme inclusive of experiential learning
- MQA Certificate after competency declaration to add to skills
- Personal Protective Equipment
- The mining learnership will only commence after being successfully interviewed and a Fitness Certificate obtained.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How To Apply
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the application deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Preference will be given to youth between the ages 18 and 35, from all racial groups, staying within the JTG District.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.