BURGER KING South Africa plans to keep contributing to the South African economy and creating a significant number of jobs for South Africans over the years. Check out this easy way to apply for jobs at Burger King South Africa
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance of the brand standards
- Manage a BK restaurant, per the brand standards and policies, including HACCP principles
- Ensure daily restaurant operations adhere to local legislative requirements, OHS & other • Maintain excellence in the execution of all duties Guest Satisfaction
- Provide excellent guest experience to every guest, during every visit, every shift
- Resolving guest complaints effectively
- Provide supporting and corrective coaching to all team members regarding excellent guest service
- Strive to exceed guest expectations
- Ensure every shift is properly prepared to provide guests with the highest quality products.
- Ensure effective FOH principles are applied to ensure complete guest satisfaction and to obtain critical feedback.
- Ensure all team members are properly coached on correct recipe applications and waste reduction. Ensure lost control systems as directed by the restaurant manager and the company are in place and executed
- Ensure all cash management policies are adhere to
- Ensure stock receiving and storage procedures are properly executed to minimize waste.
- Ensure quality control systems are in place and executed to minimize waste and ensure guest satisfaction. Conduct daily, weekly and monthly inventory stock takes and action any discrepancies.
- Provide negative and positive reinforcement, and to recognize and reward superior performance
- Apply a fair approach to a corrective disciplinary culture and administer progressive discipline as needed Demonstrate belief in people by treating each person in the restaurant fairly and with respect Demonstrate team work by helping staff and management with their work, cross training them, effectively resolving their concerns and holding regular team meetings
- Recognize individuals frequently and encourages them to recognize each other
- Coach and support staff and ensure that they are fully trained and on job training is effective
- Effective scheduling of staff to ensure a proper balance of skills, training needs and operational requirements to promote harmonious work environment Cash Management Duties
- Ensure company policies and procedure are adhere to regarding issuing of floats and petty cash control, as well cashing up and banking procedures.
- Ensure all risk factors are evaluated and controlled to minimize cash losses.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of all cash transaction and prompt reporting to restaurant manager on any discrepancies or concerns Health and Safety
- Ensure, company prescribed uniforms standards are adhered to
- Ensure the proper food safety practices are maintained throughout the shift, including proper hand hygiene, temperature control and product freshness.
- Ensure the working environment is set up to promote a safe environment and report any incidents or critical repairs and maintenance issues to management. C
- Continuously coach staff on safe working environment practices and instill a culture of preventative alertness amongst staff
- Ensure all required quality assurance procedures, processes and systems are followed
- Ensure all required documentation and controls are accurate and completed as required.
- Ensure effective quality control is executed by managing the floor by walking around.
- Monitor and evaluate all stock coming in through deliveries.
- Ensure proper stock rotation procedures are adhered to. Operational efficiency
- Ensure every shift is properly planned for with regards to staff scheduling, restaurant readiness and guest contact area cleanliness.
- Manage approved cleaning schedules to ensure all areas of the restaurant are maintained to a high degree of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Continuous coaching of staff during rush periods to ensure maximum operational efficiency and motivation during quiet period to maintain morale.
- POS experience (MICROS)
- Excellent communication skills
- passion for guest service
- ability to lead and motivate
- Ability to work irregular hours and shifts
Burger King is a global fast-food chain that also has locations in South Africa. The first Burger King restaurant in South Africa was opened in 2013, and the brand has since expanded to several locations throughout the country.
Burger King’s recruitment team is hot on the heels and a bunch of passionate, skilled and experienced people. If you’ve got your game, they have got your career sorted.
Burger King South Africa offers a range of job types, including restaurant management positions, customer service positions and kitchen staff positions. Some common job titles include crew member, cashier, cook, shift supervisor and restaurant manager.The Burger King restaurant teams are always recruiting for the crew members, crew trainers, service leaders, lobby hosts, supervisors and assistant restaurant managers, as well as corporate staff.
If you are looking for an opportunity at one of Burger King’s franchises, you can follow the below steps to apply. It’s simply.
How To Apply
- Visit the Burger King website
- Click on vacancies to view available jobs
- If you find a job that interests you can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you’re interested in joining the restaurant team, you can drop your CV off at your nearest Burger King branch
You might need to submit the following along with your CV:
- A South African ID
- You’ll need to be able to work retail hours and work shifts, including weekends and Public Holidays
- A minimum qualification of Grade 12 (or equivalent) is required
- Burger King reserves the right to conduct Employee Verification Checks, including but not limited to Criminal and Credit Checks
Note that the specific steps and requirements for getting a job at Burger King may vary depending on your location and the position you’re applying for. It’s a good idea to visit the Burger King career website or contact your local Burger King restaurant to get more information about the hiring process.
Overall, Burger King in South Africa offers a range of career opportunities for individuals who are interested in working in the fast-food industry. With competitive salaries, benefits and training programmes, Burger King provides a supportive work environment for its employees to grow and succeed.