Cambridge supermarket we have a fantastic opportunity for cashiers and general workers who is ambitious and wants to embark on a journey of unparalleled career growth to join our fast-paced Commercial team based at our Distribution Centre in South Africa. If you are hungry to reach new heights in your career, then this could be just the role for you
- To efficiently execute all operational activities at the point of sale in a timely and efficient manner.
- To maintain high levels of accuracy when scanning merchandise and collecting payment for goods purchased, including actioning clubcard rewards.
- To ensure the safe handling of cash at all times.
- To proactively promote the Clicks’ clubcard and to enroll new clubcard members in order to achieve the clubcard participation targets.
- To make customers aware of promotions in order to positively affect sales and to ensure customers “feel good and pay less”.
- To deliver superior customer service by acting as a brand ambassador, being visible and offering a friendly and professional service.
- To efficiently execute and maintain all merchandising and general housekeeping duties according to store and visual merchandise standards.
- To support the Group’s vision to be the customer’s first choice health and beauty retailer by living and driving the company values.
- To maintain updated knowledge on products, ranges, promotions and events in order to provide the correct information to customers at all times.
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Numeracy skills Competencies: Essential:
- Relating and networking
- Following instructions and procedures
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
Sales and Targets:
- To achieve the budgeted turnover for the in-store butchery as well as achieving the budgeted rand value gross profit for in-store butchery.
- To conduct regular block tests ensuring that cost versus selling prices are achieved to maintain the budgeted GP% required.
- Manage stock holding levels according to company standards and procedures. Management of butchery staff.
- Ensure that staff comply with all company policies and procedures when working in a food production facility. To ensure that the butchery complies with the company’s minimal requirement on both food safety and hygiene regulations.
- Stock counts and receiving procedures as well as ordering procedures are followed. Ordering of resources required for the butchery. To ensure that defined product ranges are available for sale at all times of trade.
- Ensure that the companies basic cutting and packaging standards are maintained. Respect every individual by relating to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of the organizational level, personality, or background. Adapt and learn – demonstrate creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity.
- Adapt to competing demands and shifting priorities. Update knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities.
- Seek exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Promote a work environment that respects, embraces, and values diversity in others. Identify and apply sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Look beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems, and identify and implement applicable solutions.
- Integrate knowledge and expertise in making fact-based recommendations and decisions. Conduct that is aligned with the Massmart code of ethic
Team Leader of the Food Safety Committee.
- Ensure that BMO has a Food Safety System that is continuously improved and of the highest standards possible with resources available by:
- Establishing, implementing, maintaining and update a Pre-Requisite Program.
- Establishing, implementing, maintaining and update the FSSC 22 000 System.
- Approve Policies, Procedures and Support Documentation such as check sheets and registers for these Programs and Plans.
How to Apply
To apply for jobs at Cambridge food supermarket forward your Cv to email@example.com