Shoprite is one of South Africa’s best-known retailers, and the Shoprite Group offers many career opportunities in their stores! This is how to get a job with Shoprite.
How to apply for jobs at Shoprite stores
The Shoprite Group is always looking to grow their team, whether it be in your local store or in their corporate offices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Will be trained to become packhouse managers / retail managers / fresh produce buyers
- Large company with growth opportunities
- Market related salary with medical aid, provident fund and staff discount
If you’re looking for a career in one of Shoprite’s stores, you can choose one of the following means of application:
- Click HERE to apply now – this online application will ask you for the following:
- ID Number
- Where you live, which store you would like to work in, how much retail experience you have, etc
- Name, contact details, etc
- Dial *120*446# and follow the prompts (Network rates apply)
- Hand deliver your CV to one of Shoprite’s Recruitment Centres, found in Cape Town, Johannesburg or Pretoria
To work in a Shoprite store, you will need the following:
- A South African ID
- Be able to work retail hours, including weekends & Public Holidays
- A minimum qualification of Grade 10-12 (or equivalent)
- Shoprite Group reserves the right to conduct Employee Verification Checks, including but not limited to Criminal and Credit Checks
- Proven track record in achieving sales results.
- High energy and driven
- Accountable and Responsible.
- Integrity, maturity and intelligence.
- A do whatever it takes, action orientated individual that leads by example.
- Systemic thinking and process driven.
- We offer great career and earning based on performance.
If you haven’t heard back within 30 days, your application was unsuccessful.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Shoprite Group of companies will never require any candidate to pay a fee when applying for a position within the Group. Anyone requesting such a fee is not doing so on behalf of the Shoprite Group and is not operating with their knowledge or consent.