Nampak is a South African company based in Johannesburg, South Africa that specialises in the manufacturing and design of packaging. Nampak is looking for an apprentice lithographer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire knowledge and skills of Technical Trainer / Mentor in your designated trade.
- Participate in formal scheduled training events; make reasonable progress to achieve the required competencies and attend the necessary training assessments related hereto.
- Perform duties required to complete assignments on time and make reasonable progress to acquire an 80% pass rate for all theory modules and achieve practical competencies.
- Keep the training record (logbook) in possession and display to supervisor / mentor or technical trainer when requested.
- Complete maintenance check sheets and work effectively with others to successfully complete maintenance activities and objectives.
- Ensure changeover completion within specified time, equipment start up and run efficiently.
- Acknowledge that all work procedures to changeovers and work instructions are available during tasks according to requirements.
- Adhere to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, work instructions, guidelines, regulations/legislations and programs and proactive action to identify and correct potential unsafe conditions and acts.
- Completion of all required theoretical modules for the trade
- Undergoing intensive on-the-job training and other related training
- Providing support to the production process with adequate levels of availability and reliability
- Demonstrating the ability to practically conduct maintenance and installations
- Acquiring problems solving and trouble shooting skills
- Adhering to plant rules and regulations
- Minimum Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science.
- A technical understanding and mechanical aptitude
- Exposure in a printing environment, or courses in printing will be an advantage
- Team orientation, be systematic and well organised.
- Basic computer literacy
- Be able to pass a Vision Colour Hue Test
- Good interpersonal & communication skills, positive attitude, able to use own initiative, team oriented, systematic and well organized
- Ability to work overtime and shifts when required