The South African Police Service (SAPS) Jobs is embarking on the recruitment of patriotic citizens who are willing to protect and proud to serve the country by pursuing a career as entry Police Trainees for enlistment in the Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP).
INSTITUTION PHASE (BASIC TRAINING IN THE ACADEMIES)
PROBATION PHASE (AFTER TRAINING IN THE ACADEMIES
During the Basic Training Phase of the PROGRAMME the Service shall provide free training gear, meals and accommodation to the police trainee.
Trainees will also receive medical aid benefits for the duration of the 21-month Basic Training Learning Programme.
Upon successful completion of the Basic Training Learning Programme trainees will be considered for permanent appointment as members of the SAPS at the rank of Constable.
- Have permanent residence in the Republic of South Africa of which documentary proof must be furnished; Be in possession of a grade 12 school certificate or equivalent qualification of which documentary proof must be furnished;
- A valid driving license for at least a light motor vehicle will serve as an advantage;
- Be proficient in at least English and one other official language;
- Be at least eighteen (18) and under thirty-five (35) years of age of which documentary proof must be furnished;
- Have no previous criminal convictions and shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and background enquiries to be made Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible when wearing any uniform of the Service;
- Be prepared to take the oath of office; Submit himself or herself to a physical medical examination as determined by the National Commissioner;
- and must be found to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in the post for which he or she applies;
- Undergo and pass a psychological assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official;
- Be prepared to successfully undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner;
- Be prepared to serve anywhere in the Republic of South Africa
HOW TO APPLY
- Identity Document
- Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification
- Tertiary Qualifications
- Academic Record
- Driver’s license (where applicable)
- Testimonial (School / Church / Traditional Leaders)
- Service Certificates of previous employers (if applicable)